Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bring On The Grub!

I'm posting this a day early because let's face it from Thursday to about Saturday evening this week, we're all going to be busy and that's as it should be.

Like many, we're about to enter my absolute favorite time of the year. Decorations, parties, family, friends...I can't even begin to express how much I look forward to this season all year long. Let's not forget the shopping, I'm also counting down the minutes to Black Friday, literally, 12am I'm going to be one of the masses storming into Toys R Us to fight over severely reduced prices that most recipients will proceed to play with for only a combined 10 minutes before the next Christmas. But it's all worth it for that look of happy when the paper is ripped off.

And with that I just want to give thanks for all the wonderful things in my life from my incredible other half to my increasingly adorable nephew to you, my readers, who take the time out to read my ramblings and make me feel that I'm not just typing into the ether.

However, after my attempt at the detox diet last week I'm mostly thankful for the feast that will be put before me tomorrow. Now bring on the grub cuz we all know Thanksgiving's also the start of the eating season and that's a time of year I can ALWAYS get behind.

2 comments:

  1. I love the holidays as well. I am looking forward to hosting my very first Thanksgiving. Here's hoping that my turkey turns out delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you are thankful for my son... and me? hello!!! i am carrying your next cool nephew. least you can do is mention me damn it!!!

    ReplyDelete