Thursday, March 14, 2013

Dual Fitness Update!!!

So about 15 days ago I made the decision that I was going to go on a fiscal fast and sort of take advantage to also increase my time at the gym. Since we're about half way into this little experiment I figured I'd give a bit of an update.

As far as the gym goes I've been trying to hit it at least 4 times a week and I was successful at first. I managed to go 5 times during that first week, Sunday to Thursday. I also went this past Monday and Thursday, unable to go Tuesday and Wednesday because I had work related events to attend.

Granted it's because of my job that I'm able to enjoy doing things at absolutely no cost, lending me the opportunity to save on the spending. In the past 15 days I've had several free lunches, gone to a Heat game, the VIP area at Calle Ocho and dinner at a really cool new restaurant. I know that I'm BEYOND lucky to have these experiences and don't any of it for granted at all.

I also have to give a shout out to my sister for her help in the grocery dept. Not only was I able to save some cash on that front, but as a result I've been able to eat at home thereby not needing to spend additional money there either.

So what's the end result of all this fasting? On the body front, I'm definitely feeling better even if the scale isn't demonstrating any significant weight loss. The financial side of things is doing better with almost a $2k increase in my checking account compared to this same time period last month. Not too shabby, huh? Hmmm....maybe this was a pretty good idea after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment